Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, May 1, 2008

MAY BASKETS

Does anyone remember "May Baskets?" Making little cone baskets out of construction paper or finding something else to use as a container. Then filling with fresh flowers or hand-made paper flowers. Next came sneaking up to people's houses, hanging the basket on the door and playing a game of "ding-dong-ditch" in the hopes of brightening someone's day. I remember doing this as a kid. What happened to it? Where did it go? Is the tradition gone in this crazy, busy, hectic world we live in? I hope not. I need to stop at the grocery store today. I'm going to pick up some fresh flowers, bring them home and hopefully teach my kids to spread the "cheer." How about you? Anyone you would like to "tag" today with a May Basket? Go for it!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

You know, we talked about May Day, and the girls took flowers to their teachers, but I never heard of a may basket. Funny though, Timmary brought exactly what you described home to me from school. She made a cone shaped paper basket and paper tissue flowers in art class. So, now I know the origin of it. Thanks. That would be a good idea to take to the neighbors or something...