Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Friday, May 9, 2008

THIRD TIME IS A CHARM!

Alright...I'm getting a little tired of this whole thing. It happened...AGAIN! You know what I'm talking about. For the third time in ten days someone asked me if I'm Faith's grandmother. Here's how it happened today:

My neighbor, Cameron, asked if I'd like to join her for a manicure. She was in need of a fill for her gel nails and asked if Faith and I would like to go with her and her daughter, who is six, to the nail salon. Sounded like a good idea to me. Cameron scheduled the appointment but unfortunately she couldn't get us in until 12:30, which meant that her daughter, who is in afternoon Kindergarten, would not be able to go. So, it ended up being Cameron, Faith and me. Cameron had her usual nail technician and since I had never been there before I got one of the other technicians. While the technician was prepping my nails for my little manicure, Faith sat on my lap. The tech, who is Chinese, started the conversation like this:

Tech: "Dis you gran-dotter?"
Me: "Pardon me?" (There is NO WAY this can be happening again!)
Tech: "Dis you gran-dotter?"
Me: (in a very defeated manner): "No..........It's my daughter."

The tech completely stops what she's doing and looks right at me.

Tech: "Dis you dotter?!"
Me: "Yes...yes she is."
Tech: "She your youngest?"
Me: "Yes."
Tech: "Oh...you have kids late!"
Me (again...feeling very defeated): "Nope.........just grayed really early."

Then she said, "We do eyebrow wax here, too."
To which I responded (completely wiped of any sort of confidence I may have ever had), "Thanks...just had them done yesterday."

So...there you have it. Three times in ten days. No sure whether to laugh or cry...or completely shave my head.

This will be a great story to tell the grandkids someday. However, according to some people lately, the grandchildren are my children. Forget it...now I'm just confused.

Grandma...out...again!
J

2 comments:

Ginger said...

What can I say? It's deflating, isn't it? I feel for you. I think, though, that it is definitely better to laugh than to cry.

When will people learn that it is always better to say, "Is this your daughter?" and be wrong than to say "Is this your granddaughter" and be wrong about that!! :)

Tricia said...

I agree with my great friend Ginger. I am so sorry. I think maybe we should pray this won't happen again, at least not for a long time. ;)

Well, keep smiling.