My day felt completely out of control. At least initially that's how it felt. Now that it's half over, I realize it was not that way at all. Well...let me re-phrase...my day was completely out of MY control. God, however, had a pretty good handle on the whole thing!
My original plan this morning was to stay home, do laundry, clean the house and schedule some appointments I had been putting off. But then Faith woke up and said she had a sore throat and a headache. By now I know that when those words are said in this house I just need to call the pediatrician and get her in because most likely she has strep. I was able to get her in at 11:40 AM. That gave me time to schedule the aforementioned appointment I had been putting off. It was for me and I was hoping if I ignored it long enough it would go away. But, the problem was breast soreness that just didn't want to subside. Both sides, too, which made me think it was pretty unlikely it was anything to be concerned about, but enough was enough and I called to schedule the appointment. My doctor is in the same building as the pediatrician and wouldn't you know they could get me in at 10:40 AM. Perfect. Two birds...one stone.
First was my appointment. Hmmmmm....doctor felt one area in right breast that she didn't really feel was anything significant, more of a tender muscle (probably from all that working out I do...HA)...but still she wanted me to move up my scheduled mammogram from June 26 to much sooner and then have an ultrasound done as well. Okay...this was starting to freak me out. She gave me a form and told me to stop down in the Breast Center and get it scheduled. It was 11:25 AM. They could see me at 12:15 PM. Okay...but what about Faith's appointment at 11:40 AM? It will work. I'll make it work. So...back across the building and up to the second floor to the pediatrician's office. It's 11:30. A few minutes later they call Faith, the nurse swabs her little throat and says Dr. Garvis will be in shortly to let us know what's going on. Sure enough, a couple minutes later, there was Dr. Garvis, greeting Faith with, "Faithy...you have strep again!" He gave her a quick heart listen and ear check, wrote out the prescription and we were on our way. Back downstairs, across the building and back to the Breast Center. It's 12:10 PM. Fortunately, things were moving so fast I hadn't had time to even think about anything that was really going on. I didn't even get a chance to sit before they took me back to change clothes and then go into the room for my mammogram. Faith was taken to a little waiting room and given Crayons and paper to color. Okay...mammogram is done within ten minutes, tops. Back to the waiting room with Faith while the radiologist looks at the results. Minutes later the technician is back saying everything looks good, but I'd still have the ultrasound to make sure nothing is overlooked. The ultrasound tech takes me into the next room for the ultrasound and again, it's over quickly. She takes those results to the radiologist and he comes in saying everything looks just fine, but he wants to watch the tech do the ultrasound again to make sure. Yep...nothing unusual. No reasons for concern. So, I got dressed and Faith and I left. We got into the car at 1 PM. We got to Target and dropped off Faith's prescription at 1:15 PM. The pharmacist said the pharmacy closes at 1:30 PM for lunch but Faith's prescription would be filled by then so I should be sure to be back by then or else wait until they return. I stopped back at 1:25 PM and Faith's prescription was ready and waiting.
On the way home I realized that God had complete control over my day from the very start. Everything just "clicked" right into place with appointments, getting from one place to another, with no time in between to think. That was the best part. There was no time for me to think about the "what ifs." There was no time to worry, to wonder. No time for anxiety. It all just happened, boom, boom, boom. Done. God knows me and He knows that had this been scheduled for even as quickly as tomorrow, today and tomorrow would have been spent worrying about a variety of possible results. He knew it needed to be done today and it needed to be done quickly. That's exactly how He made it happen. Just like I want my children to be tended to quickly and their minds eased, that's what God wants for His children, too.
So...was my day really out of control? I think not. God was holding my hand and guiding me the whole time. Now...if we could only stop Faithy from getting strep every few months.
2 comments:
Fantastic story. I am so glad that everything was alright and looked good. Sorry that Faith has strep again, especially with summer on the horizon - today, right? Thanks for sharing your day and how God was so calm and controlled.
God is good! I have been lurking on your blog and wanted to let you know, you have been an encouragement to me. God truly is good, even on the days when things really do seem out of control, and even on the days that we can't look back and see His hand as you were blessed to do today. God is good! ;) Thank you for sharing and uplifting this "Blog Lurker" ;)
Post a Comment