The Johnson Family is expanding. Yep. Expanding...times TWO! This is certainly NOT something we planned. It just sort of...well...happened. The kids are excited! Scott and I are excited, too, but we're wondering what exactly we're in for. There certainly never seems to be a dull moment in our lives.
Now, Kim, before you FREAK OUT in Switzerland, I should probably let you know that the additions are already here in the form of two Society Finches that we purchased today at the silent auction at our church Mission Festival this morning. HA! Did I get cha? As much as I wish the two additions were "human" additions, they are not. We walked into the fellowship hall this morning before church to check out the auction items and there were two tiny little Finches that attracted Parker and Faith like a magnet! They both pleaded to bid on the cute little birds. I'm easy...I was practically writing down a bid myself. However, they were instructed to ask Daddy, first. Scott had arrived at church earlier in the day than we had and he said as soon as he saw them he had a gut feeling we'd be leaving with birds. So, when the kids asked, Daddy said, "Go for it!" Parker asked me how much he should write down and suggested $50! I said, "Honey...there isn't even a bid on the sheet yet! Start low, sweetie!" So, he bid $10. Both kids stood guard periodically throughout the morning to make sure no one outbid them and by the time the auction closed at 1 PM we had made the final bid of $14 for two birds, the cage and enough food to last quite a while. Their names? Parker's bird is named "Starly" and Faith's bird is named "Sparkle."
So, there you have it. Our family now consists of four humans, two dogs, a Beta fish and two finches. For the record...YES! Scott and I ARE completely CRAZY! Pray for our sanity...or lack there-of!
Peace.
The Johnson Family
Scott, Jeanine, Parker, Faith, Player, Max, Lumpy, Starly and Sparkle
No comments:
Post a Comment