Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

SIX MORE DAYS!

We're at six (not including weekends and the upcoming Memorial Day holiday) and counting down...six...five...four...three...two...one...SCHOOL'S OUT!

Don't you remember how exciting it used to be waiting for the end of the school year? I still get excited...but now because my kids will both be home all summer long! This is my last summer of having a non-schooler. Faith starts preschool in the fall. Even though it will only be three mornings per week, I'm not quite ready for that. Parker will only have one more year left in the elementary school before moving to the middle school. I need to stop thinking ahead...it's freaking me out! Anyway...back to summer vacation! Our first week of summer will be a little "off." Scott is having surgery on June 3 and we think his time at home will require much TLC, rest and quiet. The latter of those will be my biggest challenge. However, Parker has basketball camp in the afternoons that first week of June so the sibling bickering shouldn't get too out of control. He'll also have baseball on Tuesday / Thursday evenings so his first week off will be fairly busy. Faith will be playing soccer two mornings a week for three weeks. She's so excited. She keeps asking for "soccer socks." Not exactly sure WHY she's so excited about socks, but we'll get her some to keep up her enthusiasm! We'll also be having our summer "Adventure Days." Of course no day is off-limits to fun during the summer, but "Adventure Days" are days where I absolutely WILL NOT schedule anything on our calendar and the kids and I will take off for an "adventure." It might be a trip to the zoo, or a new lake/beach, a playground/park that we haven't been to before, etc. We usually make a whole day of it. This year I'm hoping to try "Geo-Caching." If you haven't heard of it, go to www.geocaching.com. We've heard it's very exciting as well as educational and a way to get some exercise!

Hope the rest of you moms and dads are looking forward to summer, too! Our season of having youngsters is very short...too short. I'm excited to spend another summer with my kids making memories that I hope they both look back on and cherish. I know I certainly will!

3 comments:

kim said...

I love your enthusiasm for summer vacation! I remember as a kid loving the "nothing" of summer. 6 days. Wow! My poor guys still have until the 27th of June! Guess that's what all those weeks off here and weeks off there do to the length of summer vacation.
I love your adventure days and we're thinking of starting some geo caching also here in Europe! Sounds fun!
Make sure you keep the calendar clear from July 18th to July 27...there will be BIG adventures to be had then.

Tricia said...

We're getting excited too! Band camp, swimming lessons, swimming in our pool- that my husbands setting up this weekend, spending time with cousins and friends, sleeping in a little bit, girls camp, VBS, and a wedding in August. It will be busier than I think and go faster than I want, so I just hope we all enjoy each and every moment!!! Blessings!

Ginger said...

Both of my kids have been dying to be done for weeks...They will be finishing their final exams tomorrow (yes, they are working on the holiday..by their own choice!). They are excited to be able to just hang out and not have a huge schedule. The only thing on our calendar for this summer is Brooke to go to basketball camp in July, Hopefully, we will be moved by then! We're still waiting for our house to sell....all in good timing.