I tried to upload this video but it didn't work. Hopefully you can click on it and it will open successfully. It's fun...here's why. It's about the 4th of July Celebration in Delano. Kim...I hope this gives you a little taste of "home." Anyway, the Diem family mentioned in the video is the family of my friend, Kris (my best friend all the way back to high school). It's her mom walking in the parade and her dad who was the committee chair for 30 years. The engagement story is of her and her husband, Thom, who we spend every 4th of July with and they stayed with us over the past couple of days. The photos of Thom proposing to Kris were taken by your's truly! Her brother, Tim, is the U of M marching band director. Her mom's house is where we have watched the parade every year and our kids all sit on the curb watching the floats and filling their buckets with candy. My dad, Pete, is the one riding in his WWII uniform on the old army jeep. He's so proud of being able to still fit into his uniform after all these years!
This holiday is honestly one of my favorites! I love it! I have missed only one Delano 4th Celebration in my 42 years and I swore I would never miss it again. It's a long-standing tradition. One I grew up with and one my children will grow up with...and hopefully pass along to their kids someday, too!
Hope you had a fabulous 4th of July Celebration!
Peace.
Jeanine
http://www.kare11.com/video/player.aspx?aid=76166
3 comments:
Alright, you went and made me cry! I thought with just 11 days left on the old countdown clock, I could watch it without even a thought, but WRONG! I wished that we could have been there celebrating with all our Delano friends! Ah, maybe next year, or the year after.
Nice proposal picture too! and a clown costume? really? He's lucky she said yes. just kidding! Your dad looks fabulous in his uniform still. He's likely the only WWII vet that can still fit into it. Likely the only one! See you soon
What a neat tradition! I love it! =)
Love the parade! So fun to see you and Scott too!
That video sure was neat to see! Thanks for sharing lady!
Post a Comment