Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

TUESDAY NIGHT

Well...the last few weeks have been quite a ride! Lots of ups and downs and flips and turns. Yesterday Scott had a follow-up appointment with his doctor and the news was great! The cancer was completely removed and Scott does not need any radiation treatment. Praise God! We are so thankful that the doctor was able to remove all of the tumor and that Scott is cancer-free for the fourth time in his life. Scott has amazing strength, positive attitude, humor and faith.

Today, Faith decided that the training wheels on her bike needed to be removed. "Lord...help this mommy through this one!" Okay...so I took them off. She insisted on riding REALLY fast and that I hold on to the bike the entire time! When I let go she screamed and yelled and screamed some more...scolding me for letting go! A couple of times of that and this mommy had enough of a sassy four-year old and in the house we went for a little quiet time. She decided to show daddy tonight and things went much better. I was able to let go and she rode for a few short distances by herself. Letting go...that's certainly a difficult thing to do, isn't it?

Parker had a baseball game tonight and got another pretty good hit. Out at first but advanced another runner. He has another game Thursday night and finishes up the season with the Baseball Jamboree on Saturday morning. That will end the organized sports activities for the summer. Whatever will we do for a month and a half before school starts without scheduled activities in the evenings? Enjoy the evenings...that's what!

Tomorrow is our weekly Adventure Day. Sounds like we decided on the Como Zoo in St. Paul. It's a fabulous little zoo that the kids and I enjoy going to. It's old, it's quaint and it's fairly inexpensive. I'll try to remember the camera.

Right now Faith is begging to go sit outside for a little while...even though it's almost 9:15 PM. Bedtimes are not very structured around here in the summer. Makes for little ones sleeping in late in the mornings...and sometimes mommy, too.

Peace.
Jeanine

3 comments:

kim said...

Ah, Como Zoo. That's a great little zoo. Hey, isn't it free?
Faith and the training wheels off?!? Wow! She is fearless. Ethan just requested his off this spring and it's slow goings. He's very cautious that Ethan is. VERY cautious.
Enjoy adventure day. We're enjoying some cooler temps and all-day football (I mean soccer) camps this week! :)

Carol said...

What a wonderful praise, your husband is CANCER FREE! I am doing a little happy dance for you and your family right now! ;) God is good!

Sounds like Faith is a girl after my own heart, I love to stay up really late and sleep in. I am glad God blessed me with a daughter who likes that too! ;)

Jill said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news! That is fabulous!

I also enjoy the kids staying up a bit later because they sleep in later. It makes for a relaxed morning...I love that!