Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, July 3, 2008

A BETTER DAY

My last blog entry was pretty pessimistic. Thanks for not holding it against me. In fact, it was quite the opposite. You were all very encouraging and supportive. Pretty amazing consider my negative feelings and harsh honesty. But, that means I have some pretty amazing friends...both nearby, next door, across the country, out of the country, and in the "blogging world." Thanks, friends! You are truly gifts from God who shine on me when I hide myself under the darkest clouds. You keep me lifted. You keep me fed. You keep me sane.

The last few days have been better. Pathology reports came back from Scott's surgery last week and all the cancer was removed. Praise God! The kid's oncologist told me that we should let them worry about the "what ifs" of their health and we need to focus on being Parker's and Faith's mom and dad. She told me that aside from the retinoblastoma we have otherwise very healthy kids...who she reassured me would get colds, headaches, tummy aches, etc., and that it doesn't mean they have cancer (which I already know, but it's always in the back of my mind). I had an opportunity to visit with a couple of my neighbor friends and just get things off my chest. Another neighbor offered to take my kids for a few hours so I could go to Target by myself. Did you hear me? Target...by myself. Heaven! My dear friend, Kim (in Switzerland) sent me the most beautiful email and blog comment. I felt her presence just reading her messages and her words and support from so far away was indescribable. Another friend, Rebekkah, shared her encouragement through the lyrics of a song. She couldn't have picked a better one to share. It was "right on." Yesterday was "Adventure Day #3." We went to see the movie "Wall-E." Cute. Usually it's just the kids and me but this time the kids invited friends to join us. I enjoyed time with Parker (9), Ray (8), Sylvia (6), Owen (5) and Faith (4). Being in the presence of their enthusiasm and silliness is enough to brighten anyone's spirits. It was fun. Now I'm in the process of getting ready for friends to arrive later today to spend two days with us. They live in western Minnesota and we see them a few times per year...but always over the 4th of July weekend. The kids are so excited I'm not sure how I'm going to make the day pass quickly for them. Oh...I know...daddy told them before he left for work today that they need to help me get the house ready. Cleaning...what a good way to pass the time. NOT! But they still have to help!

I think I'm on my way back from my recent pity trip. Thank you friends, for being there to hold me up when I couldn't do it myself. God has blessed me...He loves me...He loves my family...He is the Great Physician.

2 comments:

kim said...

And all the people said,
"AMEN!!"
have a fantastic time at the 4th of July parade. I sure do wish we were there to sit on the curb and watch the longest parade I have ever been to in my life and collect more candy than can be consumed by any human! i was feeling sorry for myself (which I can occasionally do) and told James how sad I was that Switzerland doesn't "have the 4th of July". He replied, "They do have the 4th of July...and the 5th and the 6th and the 7th…" Funny James, funny! love to you and yours

Carol said...

I hope you had a great 4th and had fun spending time with family and friends. You have such a beautiful family! When I read in your profile that your whole family are cancer survivors, I assumed that you must have had cancer and they all "survived" going through treatment and stuff with you. WOW! I had no idea! You are an amazing inspiration and I will definatley keep you and your family in my prayers. I lost my dearest friend to breast cancer and it was such a painful time, seeing her hurt and knowing there was absolutely nothing I could do to make her well... I can not even imagine the fear when your child is fighting that fight... Again, I will keep you all in my prayers.