Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Monday, October 27, 2008

BUG IN THE HOUSE...



We have a bug in the house. Not the "creepy-crawly" kind but rather the "icky-sicky" kind. Last night Parker said he had a tummy ache when he went to bed. Wasn't quite sure if he was going to throw up or not. I stayed up a little later than usual (midnight is late for me) to make sure there was no calling for mom. Then I decided I may as well just sleep on the couch downstairs so I could hear him if he needed me. Nope. He didn't. However, at 3 AM little Miss Faith came to the couch and said, "Can I lay with you, Mommy?" Sure. Minutes later she said, "Mommy! I'm going to throw up!" Run, run, run to her bathroom! We ended up just going into her room and sleeping in her bed. Well...she slept between the five or six times she threw up...and I desperately clung to the side of the bed so as not to fall to the floor. For a little thing she sure does take up a LOT of space! So...Parker was off to school this morning and Faithy will be skipping preschool. She's bundled up on the couch eating a Popsicle with her little pink vomit bucket waiting right next to her (even that's pink)!

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!
Peace.
Jeanine

3 comments:

kim said...

Love the new background.
Poor Faith! Who knew such a little thing could produce so much vomit? Hope she gets to feeling better soon. No fun, no fun, no fun!

Grace said...

Oh, I hope and pray that little Faith will be feeling fine very soon. I didn't know that bug can do that much problem. Remember the phrase "Doctor's order, take more fluid."

Joy said...

One of the hardest things about being a mom is sick kids. I don't mean the extra effort that comes with it. I mean the heartbreak that comes with it. NOTHING can make my cry faster than seeing one of my children in pain. I especially have a hard time when they throw up (I will do anything to avoid throwing up). Poor little nose miners.