Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

ON THE SOAP BOX

Yesterday my friend, Kim, and her family, who are currently living in Switzerland, posted a very well worded entry on her blog regarding the upcoming elections. You can check it out here: www.kimweed.blogspot.com

It reminds me of an email I sent out in early October in response to one of the many forwarded emails I had received regarding the presidential candidates and who I should vote for and why. So, I thought I'd follow Kim's lead and share my October 1 comments from atop my soap box:

I need to get some things off my chest. Lately, with the Presidential election getting closer by the minute, there seems to be an abundance of emails being distributed expressing who to vote for, why to vote for that particular person and the consequences of making a "wrong" choice. I am about 90% sure of who I will be voting for in the upcoming election. It is my own personal decision on who that person is. Will the person I vote for win? I don't know. Will the person I vote for discredit me as a Christian? I certainly hope not...I don't believe in a God that would do such a thing. Will the person I vote for cause others to think of me as prejudice? Again...I hope not.

I am certainly not going to share with you who my choice is to become the next President of the United States. I will, however, share this:

* I believe in what is good and right and just.
* I will make the best and most conscientious decision I can possibly make. It's a difficult enough decision to make without the added pressure, guilt and threats of what "will be" should I vote "incorrectly."
* I believe that both our candidates, John McCain and Barack Obama, are good and just men and that either one of them will do their absolute best in the office of President of the United States.
* I'm tired of being made to fear one candidate over another...whether through political advertisements on television and radio, news reports or emails.
* I am a Christian and whether I vote Republican or Democrat does not change that.
* I do not think either candidate will bring "evil" to our country.
* I do not appreciate receiving emails that tell me who is "good" and who is "bad."

So...thank you for your input over who you think I should vote for. Really...I do appreciate your concern. But, please remove my email address from any political opinions you decide to forward from this point on. I prefer to make my own decision...one that I will be comfortable with and confident in when I go to the polls to vote. Even if my choice for President comes in second, I will trust that the winner is in God's hands.

Thanks for understanding.


Peace.
Jeanine

2 comments:

Bekks said...

well said my friend! I agree with you 100%. I am sick and tired of all the ads on tv and cannot wait for it to all be over! May the best man win!

Joy said...

VERY well said! I have experienced the same emotions, in fact I went off on my own tirade on my blog after I just about exploded with anger, disappointment....you name it....for those who were putting such a negative spin on this election. I know I am late in responding to this entry, as now the election is over, but I still share your thoughts. Thank you for not "going off" like I did, but for speaking your mind clearly and standing up for yourself! My hats off to you lady!