Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Monday, October 27, 2008

I'M A WEIRD MOM!

Okay...I'm the first one to admit that I'm a little "weird." It's weird when my child gets a cold or a little touch of the flu and it freaks me out MORE than taking them into the hospital to have them checked for cancer. Faith had a little flu bug today. She started throwing up around 3 AM and it continued into the morning. She had Popsicles, Jell-O and defizzed, room-temperature Coke throughout the day. Tonight she had cold cereal...twice. Earlier today I said to Scott, "I guess they do just get 'regular' sick." To which he laughed and replied, "Yep. We're just not used to the 'little' stuff quite as much." Faith and I are home by ourselves tonight while Scott and Parker are at Cub Scouts. She had a tubbie and a "bed night" snack and asked if she could sleep in the living room on the purple couch (she and Parker have bedrooms in our lower level) so she would be closer to me just in case she gets sick during the night and needs her pink bucket. She's all snuggled in and sound asleep...and yes...she's on the purple couch!

Sleep tight, sweet girl! Mommy loves you!

Peace.
Jeanine

2 comments:

Carol said...

Oh I hope she feels all better soon! A purple couch sounds really cool! =)

Joy said...

A purple couch and a mom like you! That kids got it made!