We're still in Rochester as I type, but things are going well. Parker made it through the office-visit yesterday so he did not need to be put under anesthesia today. He was so very proud of himself for having the strength to do it, even though it was difficult.
Faith is having her MRI right now but her eye exam is over. There are no new tumors...PRAISE GOD! She does, however, have a cataract developing on her left eye (her non-vision eye) that may need to be removed at some point. It obviously won't affect her vision in that eye since she doesn't really have much but it would make it difficult for the doctor to get a good look at the retina. Should that become the situation, the cataract will need to go.
Faith's left eye also does not look straight ahead but rather more off to the left. Not uncommon in her situation. Right now it's not that noticeable but as she gets a little older and the eye drifts a little more it may need to be corrected by "repositioning" the eye. This would be done more for cosmetic reasons than anything.
Faith's MRI should be done hopefully soon and then she will be in recovery where we can go be with her, hold her, talk to her and snuggle her up...which I what I'm waiting for the most! Parkar has been patient...he's been playing his Nintendo DS...although he did practice his spelling words, although reluctantly! Wait until I tell him the DS needs to go and he has to READ! That will make me the worst mom ever!
Thanks for your thoughts, prayers, concern and well-wishes. We have felt the hand of God over us these last couple of days and we are thankful for the comfort and peace He has given us.
Peace.
Jeanine
3 comments:
Praying for you friend. =) Lots of praises for Faith and Parker... What troopers!
Hope you are ho mw and all snuggled together after a very eventful week. Prayers lifted for you, Scott, Faith and Parker - and the entire family. Can't wait to talk to you soon.
What? ho mw? I meant home.. I hope you are home. all those typing lessons - useless.
Post a Comment