"Monday's are the armpit of the week."
That's a comment heard pretty much every Monday morning from my ten year old son (with a little bit of a "smirk" on his face as he's saying it). It's tough for him to get back into the week...especially after an enjoyable weekend. My typical response is to chuckle at him and give him a big hug. Since becoming a stay-at-home mom, Monday's have become my favorite day of the week. Today, however, is an exception. Here's why:
* Faith has been sick on-and-off since Wednesday. She's home from preschool today and her tummy still hurts. My poor baby girl.
* I'm in full "laundry swing" today. Got it sorted and started right after Parker left for school. Forgot to set the laundry detergent bottle on the counter and instead left it on the washing machine. Washing machine vibration was enough to shimmy the detergent bottle onto the floor, popping off the cover and creating a thick, slimy, sticky pool of detergent all over the laundry room floor. Clean-up...not so fun.
* Yesterday (Sunday) was not a pleasant day for me and it's sticking with me today. Can't seem to shake it.
* Still haven't showered...it's 2PM.
* My monthly menu plan on Excel didn't save for some reason. I know I saved it...at least I thought I did. Went to print out the menu for the month (that takes me significant time to plan) and the month of February was a blank slate. URGH! Will need to start fresh tonight before ordering groceries for the week.
* Did I mention I still haven't showered? I feel disgustingly gross. Not just gross, mind you...but disgustingly gross!
I just heard the washing machine beep so I'm off to change loads and then, if the planets are in correct alignment, I'm going to jump in the shower. This week Parker is right...this Monday really has been the armpit of the week.
Peace.
1 comment:
OK Jeanine, your letter is "S"
Post a Comment