Since Scott's Grandma passed away last week there have been lots of comments and questions from Faith about God and Jesus and Heaven. Below are just a couple of examples:
Faith: "Mom, why did God make dogs?"
Me: "Because God likes dogs and He knows that people like dogs and some people want them to be part of their families, like we do at our house.
Then, without skipping a beat, she completely changed the subject:
Faith: "Great-Grandma is in my heart. Now we don't have to worry about her any more."
She then proceeded to tell me that Great-Grandma is with Jesus. I told her that yes, Great-Grandma is with Jesus and we can be so happy for her that she's in heaven. Then she said:
"Mom, can we take things like our bike with us to heaven?"
Today's conversation was on the way to preschool this morning. It went like this:
Faith: "Mom...is there snow in Heaven?"
Me: "Hmmmm...good question, Faith. I really don't know."
Faith (excitedly): "Is there EASTER?" (she's very excited for Easter!)
Me: "Ummmm...I'm really not sure Faith...that's another good question."
Faith: "Well, I sure hope there's Halloween."
Faith: "Mom...you ask Pastor Matt for me. Okay?"
Ahhhhh...the precious thoughts of a five-year old! Bless her sweet little adorable heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment