Friday morning before school was one of those moments when I thought to myself, "Have I said something like that?" I don't think so. Did I?
Anyway, the story progresses like this:
It was time to leave to get Parker to school. Parker was pretty much ready to head out the door. I was in the process of getting Faith and myself ready. I told her to go find her glasses. As she stepped over Parker who was for some reason laying on the floor of the back entry, he gave her a little "tweak" of some sort and said, I don't even know what, just to pester her. It was nothing of significance, I know that.
Anyway, Faith responded with, "PARKER! Shush your crap!!!"
WHAT?
Parker: "MOM! Did you hear what Faith said?!"
Me: "FAITH! WHAT did YOU say?"
Faith (very quietly): "I don't remember."
Me: "Faith...what did you say?"
Faith (still very quiet): "I don't remember."
Me: "Faith, if you don't tell mommy what you said you don't get to go to your Valentine party at school today!"
Faith (thinking hard on her answer and then not looking at me): "I said shush your crap."
She got a good scolding over her choice of her words. I'll admit, "crap" get used around here quite often, especially by Scott and I when something doesn't go quite right. However, all those words put together are not ones that are said by anyone in this house! EVER! Where did she get it?
Of course, I called Scott as soon as I had a moment to myself and he thought it was hysterical! I have to admit I laughed, too. I won't tell Faith that, though, for fear she might tell me to "Shush my crap!" Little stinker!
Welcome to the Christian values we're instilling in our children at the Johnson home!
1 comment:
That sort of situation sounds familiar. Unfortunately, sometimes those words just kind of come rollin' on out don't they? :)
Post a Comment