As most of you know, we have two dogs. Player...our oldest...is three and a half. Not much of a problem other than he barks at everything! We joke that he could see one snowflake fall from the sky and bark at it! Max...our baby...is coming up on his second birthday. He's a pretty mellow guy...but big. Much bigger than we anticipated at about 55 pounds. He thinks he's a lap dog. We're also discovering that he's fairly finicky about his bathroom habits. He was a tough one to potty train...although he's got that pretty much under control by now. However, what we're finding as the weather changes is that he doesn't mind getting his feet wet in the snow, but he does NOT like to get his feet wet in the rain or on soggy/muddy grass. So guess what that means? Yep...he won't poop or pee right now because the snow is almost gone in their designated areas of the back yard and the grass is soggy/muddy. He will not...will NOT...go on the cement patio right outside the back door. He will not...will NOT...go when I walk him out into the yard...front or back...on his leash! I found myself out in the backyard with him this afternoon holding his leash and commanding, "Pee, MAX...PEE!" I couldn't scare it out of him either. I've heard of people "litter box" training their dogs...like cats. I'd need some pretty big litter boxes, though. Feel free to offer suggestions if you, too, have been lucky enough to experience a four-legged friend like our, Max. Good thing he's cute, sweet and just so dog-gone lovable!
Gee...I can hardly wait until the spring rains kick in. That'll really make it fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment