I was made aware of something today. It wasn't pretty, either. My parent's watched Faith today while Scott and I went to a funeral for a Johnson family friend. Scott had a conference call at 12:30 so we arrive home, I changed clothes and went to pick up Faith. Next stop...Target (sorry, Kim), mainly for a prescription and a few household items. Faith didn't want to go with me to Target and Grandma and Grandpa said she could stay there while I ran my errand. Okie dokie!
Ahhh...Target...alone. It's a great feeling, isn't it? I thought to myself, "Gee...I'm in Target...BY MYSELF! I'm going to try on a pair of jeans since I'm desperately in need of some." So, into the dressing room I went. That's when the trouble hit.
We do not have a full-length mirror in our house.
We also do not have mirrors positioned so that while looking at myself from the front side, I can also see my backside.
I had also found a cute little dress so when I realized the jeans just were not going to work, I for some reason thought the cute little dress would be better. That's when it happened. The full-view. Front AND back at the SAME TIME!
As I viewed the back side of what I thought could absolutely NOT be my body, I realized, "That's my body? Oh...my...gosh...THAT is MY body!"
Now, for those of you who will say, "But, Jeanine, it's the body God gave you...don't criticize it." My answer is, "This is NOT the body God gave me! The body God gave me used to be trim and didn't cause me to gasp out loud upon seeing what it looks like from the front AND the back!"
I need some serious "get in shape" help before the summer hits. I would love to run, like my friend, Kim, but I can't because when I run...I pee...with pretty much every step, so that just won't work. I'm thinking walking but will that burn the fat fast enough and tone the cottage cheese legs fast enough...oh...and that jiggly belly that I never in a million years would have imagined myself to have? I want to wear shorts this summer, which I haven't worn for several years.
However...note to self: don't purchase a full-length mirror for our house until it's worth looking into and whatever you do...do NOT...repeat...do NOT position it so front and back can be seen at the same time!
1 comment:
You are hysterical. I nearly quit reading when I say the "Target" and "all alone" positioned so closely together, but with my name popping up here and there...I just couldn't quit reading on.
Walking is totally great exercise. I say to be the most effective, set the incline on that treadmill of yours to a nice steady climb, walk for 30 minutes a day, several times each week & you'll have some results.
As for cottage cheesey legs - well, I run, run, run and I STILL have those. I'm chalking that completely up to genetics. Must be, right?
Post a Comment