Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

SPRING BREAK DAYS 2 & 3

We had a fun day yesterday. It was Day 2 of spring break so we headed off to the Linden-Hills area of Minneapolis. Our main goal was to go to a very unique little book store called Wild Rumpus. This store not only has thousands and thousands of books, but they also have three cats that roam around, a lizard (in an glass cage), a spider (also in a glass cage), several birds, two Chinchillas, and...well...I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two other unique little creatures...but let's just say it's not Barnes and Noble! I love book stores and this one is one of my favorites, even though I don't get there very often. It's a place that just inspires you to lose yourself in a really good book. A few books purchases later, we were on our way out the door.

From there we headed to Creative Kidstuff. Lots of things for my little Miss Faith, but Parker...not so much. Faith, however, could have probably just sat and played for hours. She loved the doll houses and the little scooter available to ride. She walked out pleased as punch with a little Groovy Girl mermaid.

Next stop...Target. Woo hoo! Who doesn't love Target? Even though the only things on my list were toilet paper, laundry products and tissues, I was happy to be there. Parker reminded me more than once that Faith got the Groovy Girl so it was only fair for him to get something extra at Target. After much searching for just the right thing, he decided on something called Gormiti. After checking them over, I decided they looked very "boy" and pretty much harmless. He was thrilled.

Last night we helped my niece, Katelyn, celebrate her 16th birthday! We joined her and the rest of my family for cake and ice cream and just a relaxing and enjoyable evening.

So Day 2 of Spring Break was a hit. Today, however...pretty darn boring. Fortunately, we all (except Scott) slept in later than usual. I certainly didn't mind that! But the rest of the day...BORING! It was horribly cold and windy and it snowed little bits off and on throughout the day. There was lots of playing on the computer, Moon Sand, Nickelodeon, Disney and Cartoon Network, more computer, reading, Polly Pockets, Nintendo DS...certainly nothing very productive or requiring much use of the brain. Hey...nothing wrong with a no-brain day here and there. It is...after all...spring break.

I have a little funiture moving project in mind for tomorrow and since Scott is working from home the rest of the week....hmmmmmm....

Peace.

No comments: