Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, January 14, 2010

NEW CHALLENGE

Some of you may know that early last year I was offered an opportunity for a Life Coach. This opportunity came about at a perfect time for me and even better was that it was free for over six months. My coach is awesome and she is encouraging me to continue at a very reasonable, difficult-to-pass-up rate.

A few days ago I mentioned that my goal last year was "peace." Tracy, my coach, helped me so much on my journey to find that peace that I have been looking for. I still have far to go. In fact, I think I will always have far to go as this peace that I seek is always developing, changing and adapting to different situations and circumstances. That being the case, "peace" is still on my list for 2010.

However, a few days into this new year, the thought of "simplicity" started to roll around in my head. The thought of combining the continuing journey of "peace" with this new thought of "simplicity" was very enticing to me. The two words fit perfectly together for me. Peace. Simplicity.

In thinking about these two goals, the hyphenated word, "peacefully-simple" came to mind. I told Tracy that this was what I wanted to start working on at the start of 2010. Wednesday was my first coaching call of the new year. It didn't take long for the excitement of peacefully-simple to build in me and Tracy's guidance in starting this journey was just what I was looking for.

A few minutes into our conversation, something hit me. "Peacefully-simple" was hyphenated incorrectly. I told Tracy it needed to be written as, "peace-fully-simple." Why? Because the FULLY is what needed to be emphasized. I'm seeking peace, "fully." I am seeking simplicity, "fully." Tracy did an amazing job of helping me pull my thoughts and ideas about peace-fully-simple together and gave me tips and ideas for developing this further.

By Thursday things had changed again. I needed a visual for this thought. I needed a logo for myself...one that reflects me and my desire for peace and simplicity. I have come up with one that I really like...in fact, I love it. My husband, who is working from home today, was kind enough to help me post it to my blog, which I was having a difficult time doing.

Speaking of my hubbie...last night I decided to share this desire of peacefullysimple with him. He liked it, too, and I have invited him to join me on the journey. He accepted.

I can't wait to see where this leads.

Have a peacefullysimple day.

Jeanine

5 comments:

kim said...

The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the LORD Almighty
Haggai 2:9

Genny said...

Peacefully simple... sounds wonderful. How neat that your husband is joining you!

Jamie said...

Love it! I'm excited to see where it leads as well.

Joy said...

Peace-Fully-Simple, sounds like the perfect title for a book! I'm gonna keep on ya til you write one woman! Any offers on the house yet?

Sharon said...

I love it too! Praise God for the Peace which he fills us with.

And thanks to Kim for sharing that verse... the Bible is so rich and full of wisdom.

Big, content sigh. AMEN!