Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Monday, June 2, 2008

PRAYER REQUEST

I will not be blogging much tomorrow (Tuesday, June 3). My husband, Scott, is having surgery at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis. Scott is a three-time cancer survivor. The side-affects of his cancer and treatments have been many. Over the last ten years or so, Scott's body has started producing very large Lypomas (benign fatty tumors). Lots of people have Lypomas that are usually "pea-sized" or maybe somewhat larger. Scott's body, however, produces extremely large Lypomas (think cantalope on the large size and a large egg on the small size). Although he has many, there are four that will be removed tomorrow from various areas of his body...the two main ones being between the shoulders on his back and right under his right breast bone.

We need to be at the hospital at noon for a 1:30 PM surgery. The doctor feels the surgery will take any where between two and two and a half hours. Scott was told he would be leaving the hospital approximately six to seven hours after arriving so that puts us hopefully leaving for home around 7 PM.

Please pray for Scott tomorrow. Pray for his mind to be at ease, for his body to relax and for comfort and minimal pain. Pray for healing. Pray for his doctors, nurses and the rest of his care-givers so God fills them with compassion and understanding, for Him to guide their minds and their hands and their hearts. Scott is nervous about the kids being afraid. Pray for Parker and Faith so their little minds can be at ease over their daddy.

I know that God will direct the day...that he will ease our anxiousness and comfort our minds and hearts. Thank you for including Scott and our family in your prayers. I will keep you posted.

Peace.
Jeanine

2 comments:

kim said...

Praying for you and Scott, Faith and Parker today especially. May you find comfort and rest in the hands of the Lord.

Ginger said...

I just read your post about Scott's surgery today. It's 6 pm my time; so, you are hopefully home by now. I am still praying for you all.

How did the kids do? How about you?

It is such a relief to have the Lord holding us up. I'm glad you trust in Him.

Keep us posted.