Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, June 5, 2008

SAFE AT HOME

So, everyone in the Johnson family are safe at home. Scott got home yesterday afternoon and although he is very stiff, he's doing fine. It's difficult for him to get comfortable at times but he found a position to lay last night in bed and he said he slept really well. Everyone slept in a little later this morning so that helps, too, although it makes for a very lazy morning.

Parker has been enjoying basketball camp this week from noon to 3:30 PM. He started on Tuesday and finishes on Friday. His two favorite sports are basketball and baseball with basketball being number one. Tonight he has a baseball game. He looks so cute in his uniform. He's tall to begin with but with his baseball pants on he looks even taller.

Faith is well...Faith. She is ONE feisty little girl and I'm trying to figure out how to find all the positives that accompany that rather than how frustrating it can be. She is very sweet, likes to help and wants to do EVERYTHING by herself. That's the part that gets her into trouble...especially when she's told "No" but insists repeatedly that she will do it her way! The last couple of days have been difficult for her since I have been gone so much at the hospital, picking up Scott and then needing to get things in order for Scott to be comfortable. As fun as having Grandma Judy and Grandpa Bill here on Tuesday and then Grandma Pat here on Wednesday, Faithy just wants mommy. She snuggles up as soon as she can and wants to sleep with me at night. Sweet? Yes. But mommy needs sleep...REALLY needs sleep. Last night was a challenge but we managed to get through it.

It feels good to have everyone home. It's always difficult for Scott and me when one of us is somewhere else over night, whether due to business travel, hospital or recreation. We like it best when all four of us are all under one roof. Thanks for all your continued prayers, support and love. God has give us a wonderful network of caring family and friends who are always there for us during the ups and the downs of life. We couldn't do it without Him and you.

Peace.
Jeanine

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Faith sounds a bit like my Brooke. She always wanted to do things on her own. I think I was like that when I was little too. We all know the downsides of that...it's frustrating to moms :) But there are positive things too. It is one way to fight unwanted peer pressure, especially when we have instilled in them a desire to please God.

Reflecting back, I sometimes wonder if I contributed to that independence by being so independent myself. I was always in a hurry to get things done and have them done my way; so, I didn't let her help me either. Maybe I should have had more of a "you help me and I help you" attitude. Who knows...but regardless of it all, I look back and love those days with her. And, now that she is 15, she is still the joy of my life!

Enjoy those cuddling moments with Faith--they go by so fast!

kim said...

I am glad that everyone is "safe at home". I am sure that just having everyone together is a huge blessing. Prayers are still being lifted for the Johnson Fam and we cannot wait to give huge hugs in just a few more short weeks.
Can't wait to see how much Parker and Faith have changed in the past 10 months. Faith and Ashley will be quite a pair. Faith being, as you said, fiesty and Ashley being well, bossy. They might be quite the pair. Can't wait! love to all at your house!
k