Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

SURGERY UPDATE

First of all...THANK YOU for your prayers today for Scott and our family. Everything went as well as expected, however, Scott ended up staying in the hospital instead of coming home. The area between his shoulders, which was thought to be two tumors, ended up being a cluster of about six tumors that had attached themselves to muscle (part of which had to be removed, too). The doctor told me the tumors in this area ended up being about "football-sized." The tumor under the right breast bone had also attached itself to muscle (again, part of which had to be removed). The third tumor was smaller and came out without any complications. Originally, Dr. Johnson (the doctor is a Johnson, too) wanted to avoid having to insert drainage tubes into the areas but due to the size of the two larger tumors, tubes were necessary to drain the fluid. Hopefully they will come out next week, probably on Monday.

Doctor Johnson just couldn't get over how absolutely HUGE these tumors were. He said he's removed hundreds of them and these are just incredible. The reason he wanted to admit Scott overnight was, as he told me, "I beat Scott up pretty bad." Although he numbed up the areas well right after the surgery was complete, he was sure when that wore off that Scott would be needing some serious pain medication. He was give a hefty dose of morphine along with another pain reliever while he was in recovery.

Parker and Faith spent the day at home. Scott's parents came over to watch them and they kept the kids busy. I think the kids' anxieties were eased enough to make them enjoy their time with their grandparents. They were both still up when I got home a little after 9 PM. Faithy immediately snuggled up in my lap and fell asleep within minutes. Parker didn't even want to watch the last inning of the Twins game...he just wanted to go to bed. Speaking of bed...I think I hear mine calling my name. Usually when Scott is gone overnight I stay up late. Not tonight, though. I'm plumb tuckered out!

Thank you for offering up prayers for our family today. I could feel them throughout the day. I had a sense of peace and calm that eased my worries and I know Scott could feel them, too. Good night.

Peace.
Jeanine

2 comments:

Jill said...

You have to be exhausted! I am so glad that things went as well as they did. I will be praying for speedy healing.

Ginger said...

Thank you so much for posting an update! I am so glad that Scott is home and doing ok. I will be praying about that pain. It sounds awful. I will continue to be praying for healing and for no more tumors!