Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, October 1, 2009

AARP - Are you KIDDING ME?

I needed new contact lenses and glasses so Scott took a break from working at home yesterday afternoon while the kids were in school and we headed to Lenscrafters.

First stop - doctor's office of Lenscrafters to order Contacts. Quickly done. Now to the glasses area of Lenscrafters. The guy who helped us was new. You could tell, too. He was extra ambitious and anxious to make a good impression. When I told him I really didn't want to spend a whole lot on glasses he asked what insurance we have. I told him. He then asked if we had anything else, like AAA...or AARP.

AARP? AARP? Are you KIDDING ME?

It was for that brief moment in time that I wanted to smack this, probably not a whole lot younger, little rookie on the top of the head and knock some sense into his "AARP-asking" brain!

However, I did not smack him on the top of the head. We simply said, "No," and moved on to finding glasses. I picked out a funky pair of pinkish-red frames that in no way make me look AARP-worthy.

Rookies.

Peace.
Jeanine

No comments: