Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, October 22, 2009

TALKIN' ABOUT THURSDAYS

I'm participating with Genny over at



in Talkin' About Thursday. She one of my new favorite bloggers...check it out!

Today she's talking about favorite fall recipes. I'm not sure if this is my favorite "FALL" recipe because it's my favorite "any time of the year" recipe. It's really the only thing I know how to make well...every time. I'm not very skilled in the kitchen...my poor family can attest to that! But I try...and every recipe is filled with lots of love. I know, I know...sappy, sappy, SAPPY...but sometimes the way the meals turn out, I gotta give it something good!

So, here's my lasagna recipe:

Jeanine's Lasagna

1 pound ground beef
1 pound Italian sausage
32 ounces spaghetti sauce
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon Oregano
12 ounces small curd Cottage Cheese
1 egg
10-12 uncooked lasagna noodles
16 ounces Mozzarella cheese
3 ounces Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown ground beef and sausage. Drain/rinse. Stir in spaghetti sauce, water and oregano. Set aside. In small bowl combine Cottage Cheese and egg. In ungreased deep 9x13 pan, layer 1/2 the lasagna noodles, half the meat sauce, half the Cottage Cheese mixture and 8 ounces Mozzarella cheese.

Repeat layers with remaining lasagna noodles, remaining meat sauce, remaining Cottage Cheese mixture and remaining Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Cover with foil.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.

Let stand 15-20 minutes before serving.


Enjoy!
Jeanine

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh that sounds GOOD! Lasagna at my house tonight!

Genny said...

Jeanine,

I love lasagna! This sounds delicious! I'm so glad you joined me again today. Thanks for your sweet words, too. :)

Genny

kim said...

Love, love love Miss Jeanine's Lasagna. You know it's on the Weed menu at least twice a month. Delish!

What's this I read about a new favorite? jk

Jeanine said...

Thank you, Kim!
I love that my one and only dish that I can make well has traveled all the way to Europe!
Whoa, whoa, whoa....sorry. I meant to say it's a new blog on my "list" of blog favorites! Sheesh....busted again :)

Jamie said...

Love lasagna...any time of year. I agree, Genny is a great blog read!