Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, October 15, 2009

LAUNDRY WITH THE GIRLS

Laundry with the girls? Check out Genny's Blog at
to see what I'm talking about. I'm joining her, Jill and Jaime on this Thursday to discuss laundry.

Here's my laundry "plan."

* Do laundry on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays.

That's it.
Nothing grander than that.

Except for it doesn't always work.

Yesterday was Wednesday. I did not do laundry because I went shopping for an outfit for an event we have on Saturday.

Today is Thursday. I need to do laundry.

My intentions are always good on laundry day:

* I WILL complete the laundry today.
* I WILL put all the clothes away when the laundry is complete.
* I WILL iron that which needs ironing.

By the end of the day, the laundry is still hanging on the rod outside the laundry room, waiting to be hung in the appropriate closets. Since everyone in our family has their own laundry basket (with our names written on them), the clothes are neatly folded and put into their appropriate laundry baskets waiting to be put away.

But then I find myself saying, "I'll just put it all away tomorrow."

My mother comes over and just does not...DOES NOT...understand this! "Jeanine," she says, "just put the clothes directly into the drawers and closets immediately after you take them out of the dryer. Why is that so difficult?"

Because our bedroom is on the main floor, along with the laundry room. The kids bedrooms are on the lower floor. I would be running up and down and up and down and up and down all day. It's just easier to do it once per day and be done with it. Except I don't.

One of my neighbors and I developed, in my mind, a very good plan. We compile a group of neighbors and hire one person to do laundry...let's call her the "Laundry Fairy." Laundry Fairy would start at one house sorting laundry and getting everything in order for the day. She would start one load of laundry and move on to the next house to do the same, then the next house, etc. By the time she is done with Step 1 at each house, it would be time for Step 2...putting first load in the dryer and starting second load. Then she would move on to the remaining houses doing Step 2 before starting back at the first house to finishing the remaining steps...however many steps that might take. Laundry Fairy gets paid equally by all those she sprinkles with her Laundry Fairy dust and heads home for the day. Those she has sprinkled look at a nice clean laundry room, neatly organized closets and well-folded, organized dresser drawers.

Problem solved.

Can you tell I don't like doing the laundry?
Can you tell that by writing this blog I've been procrastinating said laundry?

Gotta go...laundry awaits. No Laundry Fairy in this house.

Peace.
Jeanine

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I like to have laundry going...it makes me feel productive, but the folding and putting away sometimes pile up.

Genny said...

I like your idea of M, W, F. It is hard to be consistent though! Life gets busy and the laundry piles grow...lol.

Thanks so much for joining in!

Brooke said...

oooh! i want a laundry fairy!!!

Jill said...

Folding and putting away, YUCK! I love that my kids have to put most of it away! That makes it a lot easier.