Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

HALLOWEEN COSTUMES

This morning before Parker left for school and Scott left for work, we were all discussing what we wanted to be this year for Halloween. Faith wants to be a Cheerleader...with pom-poms and everything! Parker wants to be something scary and "black" so he has decided on the "Grim Reaper" (not sure how I feel about this one). Since we're having a neighborhood hay-ride again this year that transports the kids through the neighborhood to trick-or-treat, Scott and I have started dressing up, too. Scott said he'll be whatever I can find for him. I'm not sure what I'm going to be this year either, although Parker suggested a costume he heard about which was cutting a hole in a laundry basket to wrap around the waist and filling it with clothes. That sounds, to me, like a super-scary costume!!! Scott suggested I go as Lady Godiva, but he thinks finding a horse might be a problem. Sure, honey...the horse is the problem with that suggestion! He's such a goof!

I'm off to Target today to grocery shop and it looks like Halloween costumes is on my list, as well. Hopefully I'm not too late to find something.

What are your or your kids Halloween costume plans this year?

What do you do for Halloween? Trick-or-Treating, parties, church events (we had one last year and it was really fun)?

Looking forward to hearing your answers!

Peace.
Jeanine

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jack is a huge Star Wars fan so he is some sort of S.W character (I can't remember which one). Emma decided on the bride costume. It's a bit long for her so I need to figure out some way to stitch it up a bit.

It sounds like it's going to bit a bit cold and windy. I'd love to just take them to a church party but I think they're sticking with wanting to trick-or-treat.

Jeanine said...

We had to rush from the trick-or-treating hayride to church last year and it was too much for one evening. This year we'll stick to just the trick-or-treating with friends.

Joy said...

Dawson is going to be the Grim Reaper as well...what a coinkydink! Kenzie is going as Little Red Riding Hood. I spent all day Monday at the sewing machine (my first attempt in years) completing the costumes. I'm notorious for leaving things til last minute.... They turned out pretty good though, the kids like them anyway and are excited for their approaching Halloween adventure! Hope you all have a wonderful time, take lots of photos, I can't wait to see what YOU dress up as! :)