Family and Friends:
On Friday, December 4, Faith and I will once again head to Rochester, Minnesota, to visit St. Mary's Hospital where Faith will have both an eye exam under anesthesia (her fourth this year) as well as an annual MRI. We will leave around 5:45 AM to make our scheduled arrival time of 8:15 AM.
Faith knows she's going on Friday and although she is not happy about it, she doesn't seemed to be anything other than just annoyed by it. She does not like the prep time of eye drops prior to going into the operating room but once those drops are done, she's pretty easy to get along with. She will most likely choose the bubblegum flavored lip balm that is smeared on the inside of the anesthesia mask to cover up the smell of the anesthesia. She will lay comfortably on the OR table with mommy snuggled up as close as I can get (without breathing in too much of the anesthesia gas, myself) while reciting the Dr. Suess story, "My Many Colored Days." She's usually asleep before we get to the page, "but when my days are happy PINK, it's great to jump and just not think!"
Faith will be under anesthesia longer than usual as she will also be having an MRI. That takes another good hour at least. Typically, the extra time under anesthesia makes it more difficult for Faithy to wake up so she sleeps for a pretty long time. I will be bringing along a good book.
Please keep Faith in your thoughts and prayers today. Pray for Faith's beautiful eyes to be beautiful on the inside. Pray that no new tumors have developed. Pray that the swollen vessels that caused her eye to hemorrhage are completely destroyed and no longer a threat. Pray for the doctors, nurses and everyone that comes in contact with Faith that their hearts are filled with compassion, their hands are steady and skilled and their minds are focused and sharp. Pray for safe travels to and from Rochester. Pray for Scott and Parker who stay behind at home and will go about their days with a little extra worry in their hearts.
Thanks in advance.
Peace.
Jeanine
4 comments:
I will definitely be praying. I hope you can both get some good rest tonight and have safe travels tomorrow!
I will be praying!!! It is hard to watch your kids go through tough stuff. Give us an update when you can.
Praying for Faithy right now! I can't imagine having to go through all you have gone through with your kiddos... Makes this Mommy's heart ache for you my friend... Praying for healing and for peaceful hearts...
praying,
sibylle
Post a Comment