Has anyone watched the new Disney Christmas special, "Prep and Landing?" It's cute. Certainly on it's way to becoming a new holiday "classic." Got me thinking, though, about those elves in the show...prepping houses for Santa's arrival...making sure it all goes off without any glitches.
Sort of like what's required when hosting Christmas.
We host Christmas Eve with Scott's family and Christmas Day with my family. There's lots to do on my "to-do" list but as long as I keep a list, I'm good. No list means procrastinating, forgetting items that need to be done, distractions, etc. A good list will get me a long way.
Last night's list was for wrapping Christmas presents. I'm happy to say that all but four gifts have been wrapped and since two of those items are "techie" items, Scott needs to prep them before they can be wrapped. I decided to do the Nike thing and "Just Do It" and started my wrapping at 9:30 PM last night and crawling into bed at 2:30 AM...and oh it was worth it!
Today will consist of regular household tasks as well as little bits of Christmas prep worked into the mix. And my list will be ever-present on my kitchen counter...right where I can see it...and keeping me on task.
It's Prep and Hosting time at our house, and by golly, I'm going to organize myself to the max in order to have a little...even just a teeny-teeny-tiny...bit of relaxation before the festivities begin.
Wish me luck!
Peace.
Jeanine
1 comment:
I'm a list girl too! Do make sure you find some time to relax.
Post a Comment