Did you ever see "The Bee Movie"? Well, there's a scene in the movie where Barry the Bee finds himself stuck inside an apartment and tries to get out through a closed window. Since Barry has never experienced life outside the hive, he has no way of knowing that although he can SEE through the clear window glass, that does not mean he can FLY right through it. His first attempt has him bouncing right off the glass. So, he tries again. Still no luck. Then he makes several attempts in a row, each time saying...
"This time...this time...this time!"
Each time he bounces off.
That's how I feel right now about my Christmas shopping. I go out shopping and think to myself, "This time! This time I'm going to be done!" Then I'm able to cross a few items off my list but for various reasons I can't seem to get everything crossed off. I feel like Barry the Bee bouncing off the window glass, saying...
"This time...this time...this time!"
Last night I re-evaluated my list. It is typed out, well organized and I have down not only WHO I need to get something for, but also WHAT needs to be purchased for that person and who else (Scott, Parker, Faith or a combination of those people) needs to accompany me to get the job done. I think by the end of the week I'll be able to say, "This time!" and actually mean it!
Let's hope anyway!
Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine
1 comment:
I still have shopping to do too. I'm usually always done by now, but my kids are proving hard to shop for this year. I have two presents left to get for Jack and one for Emma. There's not much time left. AAck!
Post a Comment