Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Monday, December 28, 2009

PREPARING FOR A NEW YEAR

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. This week between Christmas and New Year's is always very non-productive for me. I really don't want to start much because, well...the kids are home...Scott will most likely be working from home once or twice...the holidays are not really over as New Year's is just a few days away. My goal this week is to go through the kid's closets and toy spaces to purge. My plan is to start making garage sale boxes for a sale in late spring / early summer. Purging my kid's stuff is a difficult task for me. With every toy, article of clothing, etc., that gets boxed up I feel like I'm getting rid of part of them. I know...it's silly...but it's just how I am. However, there are enough toys to start a toy store and with what was received over Christmas from us and others (we've started calling my sister-in-law "Aunt Thrifty" with all they gifts the kids got from she and my brother), it really is time to clean out! This is also in preparation for our upcoming move into our new home, hopefully in March.

So, this week will hopefully be productive in the sense that it's time to prepare for a new year. Time to prepare for new changes...whether we planned for them or not. Time to prepare for a fresh start...for our hearts, our minds, our bodies. Time to regroup, refocus...to center ourselves.

Fortunately we are not alone in these upcoming changes. God will guide. He's holding our hands every step of the way.

Peace.
Jeanine

7 comments:

Sharon said...

I think your urge to "straighten up" must be a universal phenomenon... I feel the same way.

And then I noticed that January is national "organization month"... so I guess we're not alone!

Genny said...

Oh I love that last paragraph! :)

Happy early New Year!

kim said...

May I suggest a garage sale in early July??? You know I'm your favorite shopper!! I can't resist Faith hand-me downs for Ashley :)

I'm straightening this week too, although with the house full of people - I think I'll be more productive in a couple of weeks.

Have they broken ground on the house? Just think, you'll be a few doors closer for this summer's adventures in America :) Can't wait! (too bad it's still months away.

Jeanine said...

Yes, Kim, they broke ground today (Monday)! I was just down there with my camera and camcorder to take photos and videos of the big hole! It's very exciting! The footings will be poured tomorrow.
Oh...and I'll see where I'm at with planning the garage sale. Was thinking it would be a lot easier on my sanity if I did it while the kids were still in school. However, there's room to negotiate the date :)

Jill said...

Happy New Year Jeanine!

kim said...

We can virtual garage sale if you'd rather. Just set aside anything cute (which is everything in Faith's closet) in a size 5 that Faith is getting too big for and you'd like to sell and then just send me a few pictures. Or better yet, get on Skype & we can visit "in person" with each other and I can shop. :)

Jeanine said...

Sounds like a plan, Kim! I'll just keep setting items aside that I think would look cute on Ashley...which is pretty anything since she's so darn cute, herself...and we'll get it figured out.
Won't it be much better when you're just HERE...ALL THE TIME...and I can just walk down the street to drop it off? Yes...I think I like that plan much better :)
Miss you!
J