Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

ADVENTURE OR NO ADVENTURE...THAT IS THE QUESTION

So my last post stated that with bickering kids I was not sure if Adventure Day should happy today or not...even if it is the last one of the summer.

Well...

OF COURSE IT HAPPENED! Those of you who know me know that I will not hold a grudge against my kids for things such as sibling bickering. We needed to get out and do something fun on this last Adventure Day Wednesday of the summer! We went mini-golfing, had lunch and then got ice cream...and we had fun!

I'm glad we did it, too, because tonight was open house at school and the reality of another school year was in full-swing. Faith met her Kindergarten teacher and Parker moved to the middle school to meet his teacher and try his hand at opening his locker. There was a little tug at my heartstrings, too, that they will both be in school every day this year, even though Faith will be afternoons.

So I'm happy that we spent another fun day together, hanging out, chatting about nothing serious...just fun conversations with my two favorite little people in the world. I just love those two beyond words...and although this summer's Adventure Days are over...every day is an adventure with my Parker and Faith. They bring life and meaning and everything good in this world every day of my life. There's no better adventure than that.

Peace.
Jeanine

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you were able to have a last adventure day. It sounds like it was fun. As you know my Emma is going to Kindergarten this year. But she goes all day every day. It will be hard not having any more little ones at home. But I'm sure she'll have lots of stories to tell about school.

Joy said...

I just love how I can feel your complete adoration for your children! Can't wait to hear what you do with all your spare "kidless" time! Perhaps it will be spent writing a book???