Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Thursday, September 24, 2009

RANDOM THOUGHTS...

Here are some random Thursday thoughts:

* Okay...so I just need to make a new post just to re-focus my "readers" from my last post about insurance. Was just venting folks! I'm happy to live in this country, we are fortunate to have health care and I'm not saying that government solutions are the answer. I was just very frustrated.

* Today is a new day! The sunrise this morning was gorgeous! As I looked out our front windows I saw God "turning on the lights" to this beautiful day! The sky lit was full of amazing oranges and pinks and it all reflected on the pond across the way. What a way to start the day. Our house sits so that we see mostly sunSETS, rather than the sunRISE. I looked out the front window just at the right time this morning to catch the beauty of the morning.

* I get to volunteer in the Middle School lunchroom for an hour today. I started last week and it's pretty easy-peasy. The kids all look at me like I'm a creature from another planet, especially if I try to have a conversation with them. So, I think I'll just observe until they start to recognize me as their "Thursday lunch mom." At least Parker gives me a smile and a "hey." I just try not to embarrass him.

* Tonight is football for Parker. Scott will take him while I attend a hopefully very quick and brief meeting to make a presentation. Then, I'm outta there and off to watch Parker's tackling abilities.

* I'm trying to figure out the new Middle School schedule. It's way different than Elementary School. Way more switching it up during the day and I'm confused. I'm hoping to have it figured out by the end of the day...for my sake and Parker's.

* Did you know that girls tell you way more about their day than boys do? Faith comes home every day telling us so many tid-bits from her day. Stories they heard in class, art projects they worked on, what they had for snack, who did what and who didn't listen when they were suppose to...all sorts of info. I love it! When we ask Parker about his day we have all we can do to hear about one thing!

* I was in Parker's bathroom this morning and picked up some clothes of the floor. Faith saw me and said, "Parker really shouldn't leave his clothes on the floor, mom." I said, "I know, Faith...he's learning...just like you." She said, "But Iiiiiii, don't leave my clothes on the floor, mom...Iiiiii pick them up." I said, "Well, Faithy...that's just a difference between girls and boys."

* I think yesterday was the peak of my cold. Although it's certainly not gone, I do feel somewhat better today.

* I'm hungry. I need breakfast.

Peace and blessings to your day!
Jeanine

No comments: