We decided early last week to attend the Maple Grove Autumn Art Fair yesterday after church. We went last year (cheap entertainment) and so enjoyed the artistic talent presented at the fair, that Scott and I wanted to go again this year. Once we got there, the kids remembered being there last year. Once again...we had so much fun! The kids have already said they want to go again next year. Of course The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove is one of my favorite shopping (well...window shopping) areas and then to add an art fair on a beautiful Sunday afternoon is well...fabulous! My favorite exhibits were photography and pottery. Oh how I would love to learn how to make the beautiful pieces of pottery that one man in particular is able to create. And the photography...amazing what the eye sees and the camera catches. We found at the one pottery exhibit some fun little microwave egg cookers. Egg cookers, you might ask? What's so fun about that? Ahhhh...you don't know how much our Parker LOVES eggs! Now mom doesn't have to schlupp out the electric griddle in the mornings to make him his eggs. Just crack two eggs into the little microwave egg cooker, set the cook time for 60 seconds and viola!...two tasty soft boiled eggs!
Of course we can't leave as a family without checking out Border's Book Store. I could literally get lost in a book store for hours! You have to understand that seeing my kids want to buy books is HUGE for me, especially Parker. It's been difficult to find books that interest him. Faithy, of course, found Dora the Explorer board books and as long as they were pink and had Dora as a princess, she was a happy little girl. Parker asked to find the Science Fiction section and found the entire section of Star Wars books. The thick ones, too...not just the little thin ones. I grabbed Dan Brown's Angels and Demons and passed up his newly released, The Lost Symbols...at least until it comes out on paperback. The D'Vinci Code had me lost in the pages from the time I started reading until I finished the book. Not much else gets done when I get engrossed in a book.
So, we spent a beautiful Sunday fall day together as a family...which is our rule for Sundays...family day...that we seem to fall out of during the summer months. It's good to get back to our regular routines. That's what I like about fall...not the kids going back to school (I so LOVE having them home)...but the routine that the season of fall and the school year brings back into play. Hope you're enjoying the season, too, and all the beauty God surrounds us with.
Peace and blessings to your day.
Jeanine
No comments:
Post a Comment