Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and kow that I am God.

Psalm 46:10 ~ Be still and know that I am God.

"God will not shout above all the noise and busyness to make Himself heard. It's only as we slow the pace and lower the decibel level of our lives that we can do business with God."
~ Quote by D.L. Moody on Psalms 46:10 ~

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

THAT'S BULL...

Hmmmm...seems Parker was not happy at the park yesterday.

There was a neighborhood pick-up game of football. Boys ranging in a variety of ages from just-turned-six to 11-12 years old. I counted about 13 boys. They ref their own games and it usually doesn't result in happy endings. Apparently, one boy was not happy with a play or a call.

Any-who...Parker came home and said, "XXXXXXX got mad again and swore in front of everyone!"

(Oh dear.)

Parker continued with, "He said, 'This is bull-xxxx!!!'"

(Oh, bigger dear!)

When I asked Parker what everyone did, he said, "We all just left, mom!"

(Good boys! Parker HAS been listening when we tell him to continue doing a good job of making good choices and walk away from those who make bad ones.)

A short while later Parker told me that the worst part of the swearing was that it was done in front of the little boy who just turned six. Parker was NOT happy with the swearing in the first place and even more unhappy that the littlest one among them heard it.

Don't me wrong. It's not as though he hasn't heard bad words before (yes...we're bad parents...and he'll bust us just about EVERY TIME!). But knowing that he does not approve of it is a good thing. I hope it continues.

Peace and blessings to your day.
Jeanine

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are hard situations and we've had some things like here too. Kudos to Parker for handling it so well. I'm also impressed with the way he was concerned about the younger boy. He's going to make a great daddy some day!